Kimberley Waterfalls Cruise (10 Nights)
Experience the emotive beauty that accompanies the end of the wet season! Experience the Kimberley’s renowned summer storms and spectacular light shows! Experience thundering waterfalls and swollen billabongs. And, not forgetting unexplained rock-art, extraordinary wildlife and monster barramundi!
Larger ships are typically confined to oceanic waters and even smaller ‘expedition ships’ are generally only able to cruise up and down coastal regions.
The TRUE NORTH is able to explore shallow coastal waters and river systems – in the Sepik River for example we venture more than 100 nautical miles from the ocean!
This unique access enables our guests to comfortably engage in activities that cannot be offered on larger ships or, that can only be offered following an arduous journey in a rubber boat!
The convenience of just 36 guests also allows the crew of the TRUE NORTH to offer a much greater range of activities, for example fishing, mud crabbing, collecting oysters and sunset drinks on the beach. The small group also allows our crew greater opportunity to cater for personal preference and specific interests such as birdwatching and photography excursions.
A classic example is experiencing the King George River’s majestic twin falls. Guest’s on the TRUE NORTH sail up the King George River sipping champagne and listening to classical music on the ship’s sundeck. When the TRUE NORTH arrives at the falls – the master positions the boat under the falls* allowing the guests to have a shower on the bow! After this very unique experience, guests can return to their cabins and change out of their swim wear before either hiking to the top of the falls or flying above the falls in the helicopter. Larger ships can only anchor off the mouth of the river and ferry their guests to the falls in rubber boats. Upon arrival the rubber boats can be driven under the falls but the only remaining guest option is to endure another extended journey back to the ship – this time in wet clothing. The difference is really quite stark!
- 20 – 30 March – Broome to Wyndham/Kununurra
- 20 March – 9 April – Kununurra/Wyndham to Broome
- 10 – 20 April – Broome to Wyndham/Kununurra
- 19 – 29 March – Broome to Wyndham/Kununurra
- 29 March – 8 April – Kununurra/Wyndham to Broome
- 9 April – 19 April – Broome to Wyndham/ Kununurra
- Yampi Sound
- Cockatoo & Koolan Islands
- Horizontal Falls
- Doubtful Bay
- Mongomery Reef
- Prince Regent River
- Hunter River
- Swift Bay
- Mitchell Falls
- Eagle Falls
- King George Falls
- All adventure boat excursions & activities
- Destination-inspired dining
- Non-alcoholic refreshments throughout the day
- All fishing & snorkeling equipment and cylinders & weight belts (on dive trips)
- Complimentary café style coffees and tea are available all day.
Scenic helicopter flights, visitor pass fee, adventure wear and other purchases made on-board, and alcoholic beverages (except as offered on special excursions) are additional.
- Pricing is AUD$, per person and Twin Share
2024 Pricing From:
- $22,995 per person (Twin Share)
2025 Pricing From:
- $23,995 per person (Twin Share)