Piccaninny Gorge Heli-Hike
** For experienced hikers only**
Start your day of unique adventuring at the HeliSpirit Office (Purnululu National Park), where you will meet your guide. After a short briefing, you will board a helicopter, which will take you over stunning views toward the south-west end of Purnululu National Park.
Once reaching Y Gorge, you will soar across the top of the enormous massif to your landing place, at the beautiful Piccaninny Gorge. From here, you will be led on a challenging, yet highly scenic 10km hike up the rocky creek bed of the Gorge. At points, this hike sees you and your guide creating your own path, as this is an infrequently visited area of the Park.
After exploring, your return helicopter flight will continue along the southern face and will allow views of the mouth of Cathedral Gorge, as well as the famous orange and black beehive-shaped domes. We recommend that this hike be taken by those with a high level of fitness and full mobility.
April to September
Approximately 8.5 hours
7.00am to 3.30pm
Call us on 1800 899 029 or book online below:
• Unique small group guided tour
• Helicopter transfers over the Bungle Bungles
• Hike to Base Camp in Piccaninny Gorge
• 10km return hike
• Explore one of the 5 Fingers if time permits
• Includes professional Guide
• Morning Tea and Picnic Lunch in a soft cooler bag
• Helicopter transfer from Bellburn to Piccaninny Gorge Elbow
• Operates: April to September
• Departs: Bellburn Airstrip, Purnululu National Park
• Time: 7:00am to 3:30pm
• Piccaninny Gorge is classed as a level 5 walk, the hike requires a high level of fitness and mobility.
• Check in for tour by 6.30am
We recommend you bring: Sturdy hiking boots (footwear that can get wet in April/May), Wide Brim Hat, Sunscreen, Enough water for entire day (camelbak or water bottles), small backpack (to allow you to keep your hands free, sunglasses, light cotton clothing (sun protection), swimwear and towel (during April/May)
Walking poles can be brought on the tour but we recommend being able to keep your hands free when climbing over rocks.
• $1,017 per person
• No Children under 12 years permitted on this tour