18 Minute Triple Waterfall Helicopter Flight
This flight takes you downstream along the Mitchell River, where you can enjoy close-up views of the many waterholes and rock pools surrounding the river. You will head to the lower Mitchell Falls and further downstream to the point where the freshwater meets the saltwater from the Indian Ocean.
Orbit the lower Mitchell Falls and fly back via the western gorge, on to JCR Gorge and Falls, which is southwest of the Mitchell Falls. Next, you will soar up the river to the spectacular Mitchell Falls and Mertens Gorge. The walk into the Mitchell Falls from the campground is about 4 kilometres one way and can take from 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on how much you want to see.
The walk passes Little Mertens Falls and galleries of ancient rock art. This 18 minute Mitchell Falls helicopter flight can transfer you from the helipad at the top of the Mitchell Falls back to the campground, or take you in and drop you off.
May to Early October
Call us on 1800 180 085 or book online below:
• Mitchell River
• Mitchell Falls
• JCR Gorge and Falls
• Mertens Gorge
• Back doors off for better photography opportunity
• Personalised commentary
• Flights operate from May to Early October
• Flight directions:
– Mitchell Falls campground to top of the falls
– Top of the falls to campground
– Campground to campground
• Bookings essential
• Minimum 2 passengers on all flights
- 4 passengers: $299 per person
- 3 passengers: $349 per person
- 2 passengers: $449 per person