Private Helicopter Tour to the Bungles + Full Day Guided Tour + Overnight Stay
Departing from Kununurra, you will take an incredible scenic flight into the Bungle Bungle range before making a landing at a remote airfield in Purnululu National Park, where you will meet with your tour guide. Alongside your guide, you will transfer to an air-conditioned 4WD bus, where your guide will drive you closer to the Bungle Bungle Range.
Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the domes walk. Your guide will then take you into Cathedral Gorge, where towering cliffs open up to form a space with awe-inspiring natural acoustics – here you will enjoy your fresh pre-made lunch that is carried in a cooler bag. Walk along the bed of Piccaninny Creek, which flows only in the monsoon waterfall season.
From here, you will continue to the northern gorges of Purnululu which are quite different from Cathedral Gorge and the domes at the south. A 45-60 minute drive takes you northwards along the Western Wall of the Bungle Bungle Range. A rocky path forms your path into Echidna Chasm, which narrows at points to less than 2 metres in width. A high level of mobility is required for this 1.5-hour walk as it includes climbing over boulders and walking up staircases to viewing platforms at the end of the chasm.
A high level of mobility is required for the approximately 1.5-hour walk as it includes climbing over loose stones/rocks, boulders, and ladder.
After your day of walking, enjoy your overnight stay at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge. You will be staying in a cabin with ensuite, and can enjoy a buffet dinner and cooked breakfast. The following morning, you will return to Kununurra via another stunning scenic helicopter flight.
April to September
1 full day + overnight
Depart Day 1 – 5.30am | Return Day 2 – approx. 9.00am
Call us on 1800 180 085 or book online below:
• Private helicopter flight from Kununurra
• View the Ord River, Lake Argyle and Osmand Ranges
• Explore Cathedral Gorge, the beehive domes and Echidna Chasm
• Overnight in a private ensuite cabin at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge
• All meals included from morning tea on day 1 to breakfast on day 2
• Complimentary pick ups from all hotels, motels and caravan parks within Kununurra township
• Private helicopter flight
• Cold bottled water
• Personalised pilot commentary through personal headsets
• Private guided walks to Cathedral Gorge and Echidna Chasm
• Ensuite cabin at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge
• Morning tea, picnic lunch, afternoon tea, 2 course dinner and full buffet breakfast
• Flights operate April to September
• Full day and overnight tour
• Flights depart Day 1-5.30am and Day 2-7.30am
• Minimum 2 passengers on all flights
We recommend you bring with you: sturdy walking shoes, hat, camera and charger, refillable water bottle, small backpack, small torch, swimwear, light cotton clothing during the day and warm clothes for evenings (Jun-Aug). Maximum 8kg per person overnight bag.
• Adult: $2998 per person
• Child: $2898 per person
Single Supplement $158