Bungle Bungle Flight + Cathedral Gorge & Domes Guided Walk
This day of adventuring begins with a scenic flight departing Kununurra, which passes over the Bungle Bungle Range, Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine, Ord River Irrigation Area, Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, Ord River and Bow River. Your aeroplane will land at the remote and unsealed Bellburn Airstrip in Purnululu National Park, where you will be met by your guide.
From here, you will be driven in an air-conditioned 4WD bus to the beginning of your walk. Your guide will lead you on a moderate 3km walk throughout the famous eroded towers and beehive-shaped domes on the Domes Walk. Head towards Cathedral Gorge, where you can walk alongside towering cliffs that create phenomenal natural acoustics within the gorge. Refuel with your pre-made picnic lunch after a morning of exploring. You will then head out along the rocky creek bed of Piccaninny Creek, which only flows during periods of high rainfall.
After returning to Bellburn Airstrip, you will take your return flight to Kununurra with views of the vast Argyle Diamond Mine, where rare pink diamonds were once mined.
April to September
Approximately 8 hours
9.00am to 5.00pm (September 6.00am to 2.00pm)
If you do not require an itinerary be created for you but would like to do this particular experience, you can contact Bungle Bungle Tours directly to book.
2 hour scenic flight
- Bungle Bungle Range
- Lake Argyle
- Argyle Diamond Mine
- Ord River Irrigation Area
- Carr Boyd Ranges
- Osmand Ranges
- Ord River
- Bow River
Guided walking tour of:
- Beehive Domes
- Cathedral Gorge
- Flight in air-conditioned high-quality aeroplanes – the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
- Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
- Use of our air-conditioned terminal building
- Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels and sweets
- Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
- Guided 4WD/walk tour with Bungle Bungle Guided Tours to Cathedral Gorge, Domes and Piccaninny Creek
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided
• Operates: 15 April* to 15 September
• Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm (Apr-Aug) 6.00am to 2.00pm (Sept)
• Departs: Kununurra
* Pending Purnululu National Park opening dates
- Adult: $949
- Child: $769
Price is per person.