Bungle Bungle Flight plus Cathedral Gorge, Domes and Echidna Chasm Guided Walk
Begin your adventure with a thrilling scenic flight departing Kununurra over Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine, Ord Irrigation Area, Bow River and the Bungle Bungle Range. This flight will touch down at Bellburn Airstrip, the remote airfield in the Purnululu National Park.
You will then be met by your guide, who will drive you closer into the Bungle Bungle Range in a fully air conditioned 4WD bus. From here, you will follow them on a 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers of black and orange banded domes on the domes walk. Next walk into Cathedral Gorge, where towering cliffs open to form a space with awe inspiring natural acoustics. Walk along the rocky bed of Piccaninny Creek, which only flows in the monsoon waterfall season. A tasty picnic lunch will be provided to keep you fuelled whilst exploring the park.
You will then take a 60 minute drive to the northern end of the park along the Western Wall of the Bungle Bungle Range.
Head into Echidna Chasm on a rocky path nestled between cliffs that narrows at points to less than 1.5 metres wide. This 1.5 hour walk can be challenging at points and requires full mobility.
After a fantastic day of walking and exploring, you will take your return flight to Kununurra, passing over the fascinating Argyle Diamond Mine.
15 April to 15 September
11 hours approximately
6:00am to 5.00pm
If you do not require an itinerary be created for you but would like to do this particular experience, you can contact Bungle Bungle Tours directly to book.
• 2 hour scenic flight
• Bungle Bungle Range
• Lake Argyle
• Argyle Diamond Mine
• Ord River Irrigation Area
• Carr Boyd Ranges
• Osmand Ranges
• Ord River
• Bow River
• Cathedral Gorge
• Piccaninny Creek
• Domes Walk
• Echidna Chasm
• Flight in air conditioned, high quality aeroplanes – the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
• Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
• Use of our air conditioned terminal building
• Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels and sweets
• Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
• Morning tea, picnic lunch and afternoon tea
• Guided 4WD/walk tour to Cathedral Gorge and Echidna Chasm with Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.
• Operates: 15 April to 15 September
• Time: Full day tour 6:00am to 5:00pm
• Departs: Kununurra
* Note a high level of mobility is required for the Echidna Chasm guided walk as it includes walking and on loose stones/rocks, boulders and ladders.
• Adult: $1,459
• Child: $1,179
Price is per person.