Bungle Bungle Flight plus Cathedral Gorge, Domes and Echidna Chasm Guided Walk
Begin your adventure with a thrilling scenic flight departing Kununurra over Lake Argyle, the Argyle Diamond Mine, Ord Irrigation Area, Bow River and the Bungle Bungle Range. This flight will touch down at a remote airfield in the Purnululu National Park.
You will then be met by your local guide, who will drive you closer into the Bungle Bungle Range in a fully air conditioned 4WD bus. From here, you will follow your guide on a 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers of black and orange banded domes on the domes walk. You will then head into Cathedral Gorge, where towering cliffs open to form a space with awe inspiring natural acoustics. Walk along the rocky bed of Piccaninny Creek, which only flows in the monsoon waterfall season. A tasty picnic lunch will be provided to keep you fuelled whilst exploring the park.
You will then take a n approximately 45-65 minute drive to the northern end of the park along the Western Wall of the Bungle Bungle Range. Head into Echidna Chasm on a rocky path nestled between cliffs that narrows at points to less than 1.5 metres wide. This 1.5 hour walk can be challenging at points and requires full mobility. After a fantastic day of walking and exploring, you will take your return flight to Kununurra, passing over the fascinating Argyle Diamond Mine.
April to September
Approximately 11 hours
6:00am to 5.00pm
Call us on 1800 899 029 or book online below:
• 2 hour scenic flight
• Bungle Bungle Range
• Lake Argyle
• Argyle Diamond Mine
• Ord River Irrigation Area
• Carr Boyd Ranges
• Osmand Ranges
• Ord River
• Bow River
• Cathedral Gorge
• Piccaninny Creek
• Domes Walk
• Echidna Chasm
• Flight in air conditioned, high quality aeroplanes – the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
• Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
• Use of our air conditioned terminal building
• Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels and sweets
• Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
• Morning tea, picnic lunch and afternoon tea
• Guided 4WD/walk tour to Cathedral Gorge and Echidna Chasm with Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.
• Operates: April to September
• Time: Full day tour 6:00am to 5:00pm
• Departs: Kununurra
• Please note a high level of mobility is required is required for these guided walks as it includes walking and climbing over loose stones/rocks, boulders and ladders.
• Adult: $1219
• Child: $1030
Price is per person.