Scenic Flight, Full Day Tour and Overnight Stay
A mesmerising scenic flight will take you on an unforgettable adventure from Kununurra over Lake Argyle, Ord River Irrigation Area, Carr Boyd and Osmand Ranges, the Ord and Bow Rivers, and the Bungle Bungle Range. Your aeroplane will make a landing at a remote and unsealed airstrip in Purnululu National Park, where you will be met by your tour guide.
From here, you will be driven in an air conditioned 4WD bus toward the Bungle Bungle Range. Your guide will lead you on a moderate, 3km walk throughout the famous eroded towers and beehive shaped domes on the domes walk. You will then head into Cathedral Gorge, where towering cliffs open to form a space with awe inspiring natural acoustics. Walk along the rocky bed of Piccaninny Creek, which only flows in the monsoon waterfall season. A tasty picnic lunch will be provided to keep you fuelled whilst exploring the park.
Once you have returned to the bus, a 45-60 minute drive will take you to the northern end of Purnululu National Park, where you will venture along the rocky path leading into Echidna Chasm. This path is nestled between towering cliffs, and at points narrows to just 1.5 metres in width. Admire the fascinating Livistona Palm trees which cling to the vertical walls bordering the chasm entrance. There may also be an opportunity to visit neighbouring trails at the northern end of the park. This 1.5 hour walk can be challenging at points, and so it is best suited to those with full mobility.
As the day comes to an end, head back to the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge where you can enjoy your own private ensuite cabin, as well as a three course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast. The next morning, your return flight (at either 7:30am or 10:30am) will take you back to Kununurra, and will pass over the immense Argyle Diamond Mine, famous for its mining of rare pink diamonds.
April to September
1 Full Day tour + Overnight
Day 1: Depart 6.00am | Day 2: Return flight departs 8:30am or 10:30am
Call us on 1800 899 029 or book online below:
• 2 hour scenic flight
• Bungle Bungle Range
• Lake Argyle
• Argyle Diamond Mine
• Ord River Irrigation Area
• Carr Boyd Ranges
• Osmand Ranges
• Ord River
• Bow River
• Cathedral Gorge
• Piccaninny Creek
• Domes Walk
• Echidna Chasm
• Overnight stay in a private ensuite cabin at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge
• Flight in air conditioned, high quality aeroplanes – the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
• Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
• Use of our air conditioned terminal building
• Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels and sweets
• Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
• A picnic lunch and afternoon tea packed in a small cooler bag for ground tours
• Overnight at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge in a private ensuite cabin including dinner and breakfast
• Operates: April to September
• Duration: 2 Full day tours and overnight
• Departs: Kununurra
• Flight departure time: Day 1 – 6:00am | Day 2 – 7:30am or 10:30am
We recommend you bring with you: sturdy walking shoes, hat, camera and charger, refillable water bottle, small backpack, small torch, swimwear, light cotton clothing during the day and warm clothes for evenings (Jun-Aug). Maximum 8kg per person overnight bag.
• Adult: $1516 per person
• Child: $1287 per person
• Single Supplement: $161