Kimberley Coastal Camp
There are very few places in the world where you can enjoy fabulous scenery, gourmet food, unique beachfront accommodation, spectacular fishing and ancient rock art – all combined with unparalleled hospitality in a remote wilderness location.
Established in 1994 Kimberley Coastal Camp is nestled on the pristine shores of the Admiralty Gulf in the heart of the great Kimberley wilderness.
From the moment you step onto the white beach ‘doorstep’ at Kimberley Coastal Camp, you feel like you are one of very few people for hundreds of kilometres. You are.
Befitting its ideal location, the atmosphere is relaxed and unpretentious. There are no pre-set itineraries here. You set the pace and can be as active or laid back as you like.
Spend your days fishing for the fabled Barramundi and dozens of other tropical species in the pristine azure waters the area is famous for.
Discover intriguing Wandjina and Gwion Gwion (Bradshaw) rock art which has been part of this landscape and the lives of its traditional owners for thousands of years.
You may prefer to take it easy on the boat, cruising and picnicking on deserted islands fringed by boab trees, or sipping a cool drink from the day bed. The choices are yours.
Kimberley Coastal Camp is a place for the heart and soul, limiting guests to just 16, creating an intimate atmosphere while reducing the impact on this fragile environment. When we say we’re isolated and pristine – we mean it.
All year round
You can phone Kimberley Coastal Camp directly on 0417 902 006 or contact them through their website.
- 8 Unique beach front Bungalows
- All Gourmet meals and snacks prepared by our chef, non-alcoholic beverages
- Guided Fishing including quality equipment, mud crabbing and oyster gathering (tide permitting)
- Localised fishing, shark feeding, abundant wildlife, bush and coastal walks, spectacular views, rest & relaxation.
- Exquisite Kimberley Sunsets
- Accommodation in private unique beach front bungalows with private ensuites. Comfortable, spacious accommodation, has said to be “as close to sleeping under the stars that you could get, even the bathrooms had a view not to be missed!”
- Twin share/ 2 people. Family room option available.
- Private ensuites – each bungalow has a unique hand crafted private ensuite built with bush timers, situated in a glorious rock formation – still the most photographed showers in Australia, all with beautiful Leif products to enjoy during your stay.
All gourmet meals and snacks prepared fresh daily onsite by our chef (all dietary requirements catered for) and all hot & cold beverages.
- Open bar which includes all quality beverages – beer, wine, bubbles, spirits, mixes & soft drinks for the duration of your stay, during the day and into the evening.
- Professional, passionate & knowledgeable guides.
- Guided fishing, mud crabbing and oyster gathering (tide permitting).
- Custom built boats to accommodate blue water, shallow flats, tidal creeks and secret spots! All boats are in commercial survey & carry the approved safety equipment.
- Use of quality fishing tackle & equipment (excludes fly fishing).
- Guided art & cultural tour with lunch in a secluded location.
- Cooking experience with Jules! *Cooking In Thongs Cookbook available to purchase*
- Boat cruises & beach combing, bird watching and feeding. Localised fishing, shark feeding, abundant wildlife, bush and coastal walks, spectacular views, rest & relaxation.
- Freshwater pool and many great games and good reads from the library.
- Laundry service available (daily if required)
Where are you located? We are located on the eastern side of the Admiralty Gulf
How do we get there? Kimberley Coastal Camp has no road access and all our guests fly in via Light Aircraft and then by chopper from the Mitchell Plateau or via float plane. This flight in itself is often one of our guests’ most memorable moments! Access by light aircraft/float plane and helicopter is arranged by Kimberley Coastal Camp. This is an additional cost to the nightly rate.
What Services do you have to offer? Kimberley Coastal Camp is far different to any other accommodation you may be familiar with. KCC has many amenities not usually expected in remote locations. You can enjoy the isolation without the discomfort. Because we accommodate a maximum of only 8-16, you are never just ‘one of the crowd’, but honoured guests in an intimate atmosphere where your needs are paramount – not the demands of a pre-set itinerary.
Check In: 10-11am on your arrival date
Check Out: 9-10am on your departure date
2023 All Inclusive Package Rate:
- From $1,600 per person, per night (twin share)
- Twin Share